Quake 3 Arena Console Commands
New! : Quake 3 Arena demo is now available! Visit our files section for download links.
These are all commands accessable through the Quake 3 console (press ~ to bring the console down).
You can also put these commands in your \demoq3\q3config.cfg file and they will be executed
every time you start Quake 3.
You will only be able to use cheats if server administrator has explicitly enabled them (and most
servers will not do that), or when q3test with bot support is released.
There is also a list of all console variables that can can be changed using "set" command.
- god - God mode.
- give all - Receive all items
- map [mapname] (Currently only q3test1 and q3test2 are available).
- bind - assign a key to command(s).
- bindlist - list all currently bound keys.
- centerview - quickly move current view to the center of screen.
- messagemode - send a message to everyone.
- messagemode2 - send a message to teammates.
- unbind - remove a binding for a key.
- unbindall - remove all bindings.
- imagelist - list currently open images (textures).
- midiinfo - information about MIDI music system.
- modelist - list of accessable screen resolutions.
- modellist - list of currently open player models.
- scanservers - scan the local network for servers.
- serverinfo - information about local server.
- shaderlist - list of currently open shaders (light effects).
- skinlist - list of currently open skins.
- soundinfo - information about sound system.
- soundlist - list of currently open sound files.
- status - status of currently connected server.
- userinfo - information about player (you!).
- play [file] - play [file] sound.
- snd_restart - restart sound system.
- record - record a demo.
- stopdemo - stop recording demo.
- demo - play recorded demo.
Miscallaneous Console Commands:
- serverstop - stop server.
- connect - connect to a server.
- kick - kick a user.
- serverlist - search for local servers.
- disconnect - disconnect from the current server.
- devmap - start a listen server with cheats and other development features enabled.
- cg_thirdperson 1 - third-person view (Tomb Raider-style), you must be in "devmap" mode.
- clear - clear the console.
- condump - save console text to a file.
- dir - list files in a directory.
- quit - exit from Quake 3.
- screenshot - save a screenshot.
- set - set a variable.
Feel free to copy these to use on your own site - please link back to Gameaholic dot Com.